It is a process of cutting, trimming and furnishing the plastic, wood or any other hard material.
A router is a tool that is used to core out an area of a hard piece (a tree trunk, wood). The main use of the routers is for woodworking. Patrick Spielman of USA was a pioneer of this work. A book named ‘the incredible router’ was written by Jeremy Broun in 1989. In this book, the writer described the router as the most amazing and useful tool in the world. Similarly, a writer Jim Philips wrote about the ‘Routing Techniques’. The router is generally used as a hurling tool. So you should buy a best wood router for more convenient in wood working.
How to Use:
The router was first built originally in the form of a hand tool.
It is just similar to an old women’s tooth in which there is a broad base and a narrow blade is projecting beyond the base plate, as shown in the above figure. Nowadays, the router is being used as a power tool with a heavy and powerful electric motor driven spindle, and the hand router is now called as router plane. Although the router plane is easy to carry and reliable, but now the power router has taken the place of the hand routers and most of the workers of today use modern spindle router for cutting and hollow out purposes because of its effectiveness and fast speed.
Nowadays, there are a variety of route styles, and the most stylish and effective routers are those that contains speed controller.
The following are some of the tips for you to use a router:
- After getting a router, first step is to get its bits, without which the router is useless, or you can also say that it is toothless.
- Then, tighten the bits up. One can do most of the work by hand and after that can use wrenches for further tightening.
- Now, the next step involves adjusting the height of the router on a wooden plane or plastic or other hard material. The adjustment of the height depends on what type off the router is being used. It depends on whether someone is using a stationary router or a plunge.
- Keep in mind that it is a complicated machine. The height is adjusted in such a way as to use the router as a towering system to hollow out the material from the wood in a successful way.
- There is also one limitation of the router that should be kept in mind while working with it, that you cannot take the full amount of the wood that you desire at a single time. For example, a three quarter inch bit will not go full into the wood, rather it would only half into the wood and one has to repeat the procedure to complete the task. So a turret system is used for such condition.
- Now after fixing the height, plunge down to the initial height, and then rotate down to go to a little more depth.
- Just keep going doing in step by step rotations of the turret, until you reach the destination. So the only work to do at the beginning is setting the initial height. Keep plunging down until you hit the wood and that would be considered as your zero point.
- After setting your zero, now sit back and lock the bar. Now if one will go from there to torrent number two, the bit will go down to a quarter inch.
- So that is the whole role of the mechanism of the turret. It just controls the bit of the router that how deep it will go in one pass.
- Now operating the router is very simple. There is a power button or a switch usually at the top of the router but the placement of the power switch varies with different routers.
- It has a lever that enables and makes the plunge to happen. When the lever is out, it will just spring back up if one doesn’t let go.
- So the most easiest and typical way of operating the router is to turn it on, plunge it down to your cut, let go of the lever so that it should stay down there. Make the cut and then simply plunge back up.
- To use the fixed routers is more simple and easy because there is no plunging. The rules are same for fixing and tightening the bits. As in a station router, we don’t have the need of plunging. Just set this at a height and get the job done by digging it to a quarter inch or so. Make sure to use a scrap piece before applying the router on the wood plane as it will be easier to use it then.
- When the router has gone to about a quarter inch in, now you are ready to do your proper routing. At this situation, one can easily do his slots and go back in order to go deeper.
- The important thing that should be concentrated while using routers is to understand the rotation of the bits. The rotation tells you that weather you are going to push or pull the router.
- The direction of the router, the spinning, and the pushing and pulling of the router while cutting the woods, is very important as its carelessness will result in the disruption of your work causing an unstable kind of cut. The router should be moved always from left to right and it should be pushed towards the wood so as to give a clean cutting edges.
- Once the router is adjusted at an acceptable and good height, the bits are ready to drop back on the wood and the router is ready to work, all you have to take care is to adjust the height and to take care of the bits while using it.